making my single layer dvd to a double layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnighthulk

Beta member
Please help anyone. I bought a single layer samsung dvd burner only to realize that there are double layer burners. However I was told that I can dowload something to my pc that will tell my bios or dvd burner to burn at double layer capacity. So please where and how? And is it safe for my system?

Second ? how do I burn 8g dvd's to 4.7g dvd's. I know I need a ripper but where can I download one free. How do I use it. And how does it work.

depends on the manufacturer and model. Some will have a firmware update for the DVD that allows it to read and some may allow it to even burn at higher speed (although I doubt dual, as this is more than likely a hardware limit). Again, depends on the manufacturer and model

I seriously doubt you are able to download something to do this. ESPECIALLY for DL+. Whoever told you that probably doens't know what they are talking about, or what you asked them.

To get a DL burner you'll need a new drive.

---> Maybe if you could provide what mak and model it is you'd get more help...;)

I've never heard of changing a single layer into a dual layer before..

But nevertheless, welcome to TF!

-Dan The Man

you CAN change with firmware on some dvd's to READ dual layer AND increase speed. HOWEVER you can NOT, that I know of, burn dualie because of hardware differences.

pioneer has said that for my dvd burner a dvr-107d, all it would take to make burn dual layer disc was a firmware upgrade

however a couple of weeks after saying that, they said they not make the firmware upgrade

if there is one possible for your burner it wold be Here

The reality of DVD recorders is that to burn a DL disc, they need to be able to calibrate the laser properly to burn the second layer of dye. Most regular DVD burners won't be able to do so, but a few have the capability with a firmware upgrade. In reality, it isn't expensive just to get a DL burner. I got one yesterday for $119 with a $20 rebate.

P.S. Let's just say I know a bit about the DVD recording industry... ;-)

hell, i saw a lite-on dual layer drive at freakin walmart for $109 and not even with a rebate. i'm picking that bad boy up as soon as possible, it burns single layer dvds at 16x and cds pretty fast, like 40x or so.

well if you need to learn how to burn a dvd 9 to dvd5 (which means dual layer to single layer) go to dvdrhelp.com ........ it has everything you should need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom