Serias new PC build YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,The mobo I want is currently out of stock, and I noticed this item newegg's black friday sale... Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Desktop Memory (one of newegg's black friday sale items) Has a huge list of mobo combo deals and I have 2 and a half questions for ya:

1) would any of those mobo's be a nice match with my system?

2) would that mobo be able to hold 8gb of ram?

2.5) if no on #2, would anyone be interested in the spare stick I would end up having.

(buying 2 of:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Desktop Memory
is cheaper than buying 1 of:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM - Desktop Memory
)

oh... you are back again
when will the nightmare ever end? :tongue:

it would be better if you got ram that ran in triple channel though, since thats what that mobo supports.

I am 99% certain those ripjaws would run in triple channel

still RAM, just packaged in different quantities 3x2GB for 1366 and 2X2GB for 1156

well, she says shes getting 2 sets of 2x2gig so if she was gonna run the ram in tri-channel, shed have to use 3 of the 4 sticks and i though it would be kind of a waste, thats why i mentioned just getting a tri-kit of 3 x however many gigs of ram.

but i think if she uses 4 sticks, it can switch to run in dual channel (i think i read somewhere)

but it doesnt really matter i guess though, because in real world apps, there only seems to be marginal performance difference between dual and tri channel.

will the nightmare ever end? :tongue:
haha, tell me about it! :tongue: Back in October was a good time to buy, but I was waiting for the GPU to become available (on October 30th), when it didn't, and it still wasn't there on November 1st.. all of the combo deals went away also. I lost several hundred $$$ just in combo deals. (Which I almost made up for tonight with my above mentioned purchases ^_^)

I am 99% certain those ripjaws would run in triple channel

still RAM, just packaged in different quantities 3x2GB for 1366 and 2X2GB for 1156
aren't they the exact same sticks? just, as you say, packed in different quantities?

well, she says shes getting 2 sets of 2x2gig so if she was gonna run the ram in tri-channel, shed have to use 3 of the 4 sticks and i though it would be kind of a waste, thats why i mentioned just getting a tri-kit of 3 x however many gigs of ram.
is this because you have to "complete" the color slots in order to access the different channels?
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
(fill all black for dual OR fill all black AND green for triple?) [meaning I now have 1 stick I cant use?]

(I am still short 1 GPU for my setup!!!) Newegg doesn't have any of the HD 5900's in stock yet either... anyone have any ideas for an Nvidia card that rock like the 5800's or 5900's?

I saw this: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
thought about getting 2 of 'em SLI'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom