$500-700 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

motounplugged

Solid State Member
I'm coming back home from school for Christmas and my little brother is wanting to build a pc. Would it be cheaper to go AMD? Here's something I had for him the other day.. Any suggestions?

He wont need a dvd drive or memory..

buildd.JPG

ok, so right now with those current parts, youd be paying $530 for the cpu, mobo, gfx card, hdd, psu and case.

for a lower price, by going with amd instead of intel, you could get a quad-core and a better gfx card.

these would be $489, and just keep the other things you have selected (optical drive and speakers)

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZWFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

or if you want to spend more, you could step up the gfx card to this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150438&cm_re=4890-_-14-150-438-_-Product

I agree going with AMD. The 775 socket is almost "dead" and with that am3 board you can make future upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom