24" Lcd Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is what I was looking at....and I think that is what i am going to go with.......there is one Gateway that is 1900x1200, but it has some bad reviews and I already own a Samsung and i love it.....so I think I am going to go with it.

Will my GTX 260 power this monitor ok and still give me good frame rates?

The monitor came today....I hooked it up to check for dead pixles and to check it out to see how sweet games looked.

There were NO dead pixles...that was nice.

The colors were nice and it was easy to set up , once you get used to the touch controls...they were a hassel at first.

I turned the brightness way down, and it looked great...about the only adjustment I made.

It has a silver bar that runs along the bottom of the monitor, it gives it a nice touch of class.

I must say, they are making LCD monitors much better now days , as this was only $189 on the Eggs Black Friday Sale.

The picture, and colors, contrast and everything else, except the touch controls, are as good as my more than twice as much 22" Samsung.

I would seriously say that for $189 this 24" at 1920x1080 is a steal.

My son will be stoked come Christmas.

Here are a couple of pics.

4156742938_f2499e4444_b.jpg

4155981519_dd62fc24c7_b.jpg

Identical to mine except no red :).

It's a great monitor eh?

Yes...I really dig the monitor, and especially for that black friday sale price of $189 with free shipping.

I played some Borderlands on it last night and it looked stunning.

AA was forced off in my Nvidia Control panel, but the nice thing abot playing at this resolution, is that you can barely tell that AA is off...if I force 4XAA...I am sure there will be vitually no jaggies at all.

The GTX 260 ran Bordrlands at sweet frame rates...smooth as butter....I hope it can do that with 4XAA.

I can say without a doubt that I would recommend this monitor to anyone not wanting to spend alot on a 24".

Very sweet. I like how the frame is without curves, unlike many other monitors out there like some of the 23" LG and Samsungs, and my ViewSonic 21.5". I think it makes it look classier.

Well....adding the 4XAA really slows down Borderlands.....with no AA is is great.....but another GTX 260 will be needed if AA is to be used.

I left all of the other settings cranked....so maybe lower some of the other settings then apply 2XAA....Maybe that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom