Wanting to watercool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inked

In Runtime
So first of all I know absolutely nothing about water cooling other than basic information, blocks, tubes, pumps, ect. ect. So I my question is how much would it cost to make a loop? I am going to buy the new Corsair 800D case so it seems pointless not to go water.

well here is a question that should be asked first. You are ocing right?

Depending on what you want to cool, and how much ocing you want to do, anywhere from 250-350 for a decent loop. More if you want to include chipset, gpu, etc

Aspire is pretty much the water cooling guru here so he would most likely be better suiting to answer your questions then me.

Ya i am going to be OCing but I don't know if I want to stick with the 940 or wait till the new i9 processors come out. I have another question, is are blocks specific, like would a block work with a i9 and a am3 board or would you have to buy a different block for each one, or just a bracket. I also read that the i9 would still use the 1366 socket. Thanks in advance everyone.

Just a mounting bracket. :D

Also, as far as I know, the i9 chips will be replacing the Core i7 extremes... which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol

So since the i9 will be a lot of money should I just get a i7 920 D0 or keep the 940? I have a Microcenter down the street so I can get them cheap. I also heard that they were discontinuing the i7 920, is this true?

I would go 920 for the moment. i9 will be a 1366 skt so if you went to one later your block would mount just fine.

I am hoping for an i9 model with a locked multi for $400 but guess they will be closer to $500 to $600 with $999 for the unlocked version.

I think I am going to go with the 920 and that W/C kit. Does that kit come with everything you need or would it be better to just peace everything together and get better parts?

that "kit" has some of the best parts currently availiable. I would consider adding the xspc res top for the ddc pump. Petra's Tech Shop

And if you wanted to go with some compression fittings instead of hose clamps you could. It is a great start that can easily be added to be it board blocks etc.

If anything use it as a template for what you need.

Well I'll order that stuff soon but won't be able to use it because the CM Scout just doesn't like my CF 4890 let alone all the water cooling stuff, I'll just have to wait till I get my 800D.

Whats the difference between compression fittings and hose claps, is a compression fitting like the ones on the end of a air compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom