Need help with a case to fit this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Hi everyone, I posted a thread a couple weeks ago about going with an AMD build, and have decided to go with an intel build instead.

Here's the system:

i7860
Maximus 3 Forumula
Dominator GT DDR3
Corsair HX850
1xVelociraptor, 1x640gb caviar black
Undecided on GPU, but I want the case to be able to fit 5870 in crossfire.

So far, I've found 3 cases I like, and wonder which 3 would be best.

Antec p183, Lian-li PC-60FWB or CM Haf 922?

Which one do you think looks best? They're all good cases, can't go wrong with any of them. I'd go for the Lian-Li since I've never owned one. I've owned an Antec P180 and loved it, plenty of room, and I'd guess the 183 improved on the 180. The Haf 922 is another popular one, so people seem to like them.

The 932 is very popular not sure about the 922 but I would bet it's good also. Although those are all good cases, personally I wouldn't go for any of them and instead I would either have a different lian-li or the larger Antec p190/3.

I have a p182 , and if the dimensions are the same as a p183, you will have to rearrange the HDD cages in order to fit a 5870 (personal experience).

No , it doesn't look good since it's a mid-tower. You could mod it. Get a dremel and start cuttin'? The P182 , p183 have removable HDD cages , so it will fit in them. Otherwise get a full-tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom