Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
I recently starting getting this error with my external HD. I can still access all the files except I cant play any movies/music files; i can still open pictures/txts etc..

Its a mascot 3.5 enclosure with a Hitachi HD inside.

heres the error message i keep getting

picturezx.jpg

Thats the master file table... It can't be updated, sounds like something is corrupted... Try performing a chkdsk /r on that drive and let it run... Also, back up your data incase the enclosure is whats corrupting the data or if the HDD is failing....

Ironically, this enclosure was my backup. It's 160 gig, while my main is 30 gig and i have a secondary drive that's 80 gig..

I already tried doing drive G > properties > tools > check now.

I ran a chkdsk and it found a bad file system, thankfully there were no bad sectors. So hopefully chkdsk can fix this.

Also this message only appears if my computer goes idle. Whenever I'm actually using my computer, it never happens.

Just make sure you have hard copies of whatever data you deem important (DVD's, CD's or blue ray)

Even back up hard drives can still fail.

Once you have your data on DVDs or whatever, continue using the harddrive until it dies, just don't rely on it as the soul means of backup..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom