windows 7 going into hibernation and it is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
windows 7 going into hibernation and it is disabled. I installed Kapersky yesterday i dont know if it's kapersky thats doing it.

Now are you 100% positive that it is hibernation and not low power standby? Hibernation is almost like a shut down. It will require you to log back in after you come back to the PC. Low Power Standby shuts off the Monitor and hard drive but just moving the mouse will bring it back.

I bet you money it is low power standby not hibernation.

Just to confirm this even more. Open up a command Prompt with Admin Rights. Type in this:

Code:
[B][I]powercfg.exe –h off[/I][/B]
That will fully disable hibernation. If you still get the same behavior after you do that as before, it is low power standby.

yeah your right again Mak it is power standby how do i remove that. Also when i type in Cmd and right click there is no option to run as administrator.

for command prompt as admin. start / all programs / accessories / right mouse click command prompt and run as admin.

yeah your right again Mak it is power standby how do i remove that. Also when i type in Cmd and right click there is no option to run as administrator.
You DO NOT want to remove the low power standby. Hibernation is fine. But there is no reason EVER to leave your PC running at full power. All it does is shut down the monitor. Is it too much to wait a extra 5 seconds for the monitor to kick back on?

I mean stopping the hard drives from shutting down, fine. But there is never a reason to leave your PC running at full power with having the screen saver showing and monitors on. That is a total waste.

Right click on the desktop>Personalize>Screen Saver>Power Options>Show Additional Plans.

Select the High Performance. This will leave your hard drives on but still shut down your monitor. That is the option you should use.

ok mate thank you guy's for your help yet again sorry its took so long getting back to you's but was up all night last night. Because of an operation at hospital. So i fell asleep off to my bed. Thank you's yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom