Hard Drive Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwr89

Baseband Member
so all I had open for the installation of windows 7 was a measly little 160gb drive as I didn't want to lose my 1tb of info on my other drive. I've gone ahead and gotten a new 1.5tb for my main disk. I would like to make a complete copy so I can format the 160gb and use it as a small external and use the 1.5tb as the main disk. What program do you recommend for this process?

thanks
~Casey

Install windows on the 1.5TB
Connect the 160gb to the pc as well as the 1.5
boot off the 1.5
Drag and drop any files you want from the 160Gb drive to the 1.5Tb drive. Don't bother with any of the system folderes on the 160Gb, just copy any of your personal data folders (e.g my documents, desktop, any special folders you had, etc.)
format the 160Gb

is making an exact duplicate of my drive really that much of a pain?
my problem is, I don't know how many time my Windows 7 disk works. its Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade. I purchased it through my school for very cheap but they only allow 1 copy per person.
I am just looking to make an exact copy of my disk and then reassign the new disk as drive C.
thanks
~casey

I found a bootable program called Dr.Freeware it has a drive duplication ability. I think I might give it a try. just play around until I get it figured out.
if you guys know anything about the program or if its malevilant then please let me know!

also i've seen something about drivers not working whats with that? I still have all the drivers for my mobo, chipsets, and videocard from when I first installed 7 (although it worked really well with out the drivers installed)

~Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom