Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's taped :)

Lots of things have happened between updating this project, first off, a big Congrats to Nate! (CustomPCMax) the happy father of twins, a boy and girl!

I'm picking up the camouflage Psyko Audio headset from Brad today. Yippee!

Next up for the german wwII camo paint, this 15" HD/TV LCD, small, but it's all I have available.. Hey, add a handle and it's a nice mate to our panzerbox. I'll have to look into the handle option.

wolfenstein_lcd_casemod_custom_paint1.jpg

Big congratulations Nate on the twins, good for you man!!!

A handle on the monitor is a really great a idea imo, nice thinking ;) Can't wait for the finish on another part!

Got them assembled yesterday just in time to record tmb podcast yesterday. Will hopefully get try them during some game play tonight

wolfenstein_lcd_casemod_custom_paint2.jpg

wolfenstein_lcd_casemod_custom_paint3.jpg

wolfenstein_lcd_casemod_custom_paint4.jpg

wolfenstein_lcd_casemod_custom_paint5.jpg

woah, fully awesome! The gun has a light installed too :O
The camo paint job was pulled of really well in the end, looks absolutely fantastic!

Glad you like it! Thanks for commenting. I added fake bullet holes to the window today..lol

wolfenstein_casemod_bullet_hole1.jpg

Using 3/8 drill bit.
wolfenstein_casemod_bullet_hole2.jpg

wolfenstein_casemod_bullet_hole3.jpg

To create spiderweb cracks, I etched the surface of the window with a Dremel and these engraving bits
homermod.acrylic_etching9s.jpg

wolfenstein_casemod_bullet_hole4.jpg

wolfenstein_casemod_bullet_hole5.jpg

Glad you liked them!

I heard back from James at PsykoAudio, he suggested turning off the cmss settings in the X-fi software, and turn on EAX. I will check into these setting later today.

Updating the rear 120mm exhaust fan with the new Overkill "Sniper" grill, I have Silver version, but you can get Black anodized Overkill Grills from Performance-PCs

The NZXT Panzerbox wide chassis is ideal canidate for the Overkill grill. Most cases may require major modification to your chassis and side panel to clear 5.5" wide grill if mounted over the rear exhaust.

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com1.jpg

I use SEM brand Self Etching primer to paint the bare aluminum grill Matte Black. This paint is made for bare metal surfaces. You need to wear a filtered respirator mask and apply in well ventilated room. It's very TOXIC when it's airborne.

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com2.jpg

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com3.jpg

The billet Targeted grill looks cool, but a bit flat looking in comparison :D

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com4.jpg

POW! what a difference.

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com5.jpg

overkill_120mm_fan_grill_sniper_mnpctech.com6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom