HAF 932 worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I half-regret taking it all apart haha, but as I won't have the money for all the good upgrades until at least february i have lots of time to work on it.

Pretty certain that i will be going with a dark red matte interior and the outer rear panel. I would like some suggestions on the exact shade of red to go with. I was thinking of something almost as dark as bergundy and slightly more red. Not sure though.

minor update: slightly modified color scheme is as follows
flat black: Front, top, bottom, rear, and side panels
flat dark red: HDD rack, 5.25" rack, bottom PSU mount, MOBO tray
flat dark red: top PSU bay cover, rear i/o panel

This scheme should make colors stand out more. The top psu bay cover(red) has 2 black rubber pieces covering the holes, and the rear i/o panel(red) has black expansion slot covers. The M4A79t mobo is black, will be sitting on red mobo tray, and the side panel(black) will be visible through the wire management holes. HDD rack(red) and 5.25" rack(red) both have black hardware on them.

To add light, and more red accent, I plan on getting a 120mm red led bottom intake fan, 2x 120mm red led cpu HS fans, replacing rear exhaust fan with 140mm red led fan, and because with the steep discounts for buying 5+ fans at a time from newegg, I will install one 120mm led top exhaust fan next to the top 230mm fan(will be halfway into the top 5.25" bay, and may stick one on side of HDD rack to help pull air from front intake.

I was thinking about replacing the top and side 230mm black fans with led fans, but I have only found 200mm fans on the coolermaster site. The spec sheet says the stock fans are 230x200x35mm. Does this mean that if i got a 200mm fan, it would fit in the 230mm mounting holes?

Also has anybody else ever had that many led fans in a case at once? would it be too much? I'm trying to light up the case without using cold cathodes. I know they would be easy, but why go the easy route when this could be painstakingly difficult? And as a side note, i find it amazing that the HAF 932 comes with mounting holes to install a total of 10 fans. 1x230mm, 1x140mm, 4x120(side), 3x120(top), and 1x120(bottom). Not to mention 2x120mm on cpu HS, and additional mini fans for spot cooling. Thats a lot of fans. This will sound like a tornado when i'm finished haha.

Edit: found the 200x230x30mm coolermaster red led fans on frozencpu.com for $25 each. CM 200x230x30mm Red LED Fan. I'm starting to like frozenCPU.com for all my cooling needs. Newegg for actual hardware.

Well after hours of sanding in tiny little nooks and crannies(it has been a blast let me tell you), I have learned that my brother has access to a sand-blaster at the studio of the university he is attending. Therefore the rest of the pre-prime sanding will be for him to do. "And there was much rejoice" I will still sand the bottom, top, and side panels as I don't want to disturb the factory paint on the outside of the panels, but they should be easy enough. 5 hours max if i'm distracted.

Also I have assembled my case with tape to plot the installation of the extra support for my heatsink. I will leave you with that though for somewhat of a anticipation effect, haha. I'm thinking about making it somewhat of an advanced support beam with a logo of sorts cut into it. Not sure what logo/word/number to go with though. Current thoughts are HAF and/or 932. *shrug* I guess that will be decided when I cut out the pieces i need and see how small they actually are.

Due to all of this, by christmas, I should have the entire case sanded, ready to prime, and the mount for HS support built, and sanded. I will have new pics then. Cheers :)

@ Soulphire - Yea, I'm fully regretting sanding the entire HDD rack, inside and out, and all the little ridges and cracks etc! I will give that to him to sandblast too just to make sure it's perfect.

@kmote - the fan isn't a perfect circle. 2 of the sides are kind of "shaved off" so that it doesn't extend past the screwholes. When i get the chance i will take a pic of a fan to show exactly what i mean.

@kmote - Here is a picture of the 230x200mm fans.
P1010356.jpg

Does anybody know if the mounting holes will have the same spacing as a 200x200mm fan?

Dunno if you've thought of this, but maybe whip out a ruler and measure the space between the holes?

And yes, that's me being a smart**** :p

haha, would the space between screw holes on a 200x200mm fan be 200mm? And as a sidenote I have not been able to find a ruler in my parents house that has mm on it. The only thing they have is inches.

My brother just left to go back to school, and he has all the case parts that are going to be sandblasted with him. He will be returning with them for christmas vacation.

Other than the sandblasting, my progress will be at a full halt for the time being... My Son's mother just told me that she plans on moving 8 hours away on this coming saturday, and that she is taking our son with her. Now all my time, effort, and money will be to figure out what the **** i'm supposed to do to keep my son in my life. I would say some nasty things right now, but this is neither the time nor the place so I will leave you with this. Hold close what is dear to you for you never know when it will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom