Airflow in my CM ATCS840

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
So I have been reading up on this and I would love to have more intake in my case. Here is my case set up:

Intake:
Front 230mm
Bottom 120

Exhaust:
Top 230
Rear 120
Video Card Back Block 120

Internal:
Kaze 3000 on the Megahalems
2 120's on the HDD rack
2 60mm on MB

I have read about mounting my PSU on the top and remove the top 230's all together then putting in a 120 where the PSU used to be on the bottom. What would be the advatages/disadvatages to a top mounted PSU? I guess I could also save up ~$200 and get Water Cooling Petra's Tech Shop... I have managed to get my Vreg temp down to ~65C with the new 60mm fan on it which is ok. I reseated my HS and reapplied thermal compound and my temps are a lot closer. let me know what you guys think I should shoot for... Also does anyone have any experience with sound dampening a case? I have a lot of fans and would like to quiet it down some... I was thinking something like AcoustiPackâ„¢ Lite Professional Sound Dampening Pack (APL) - FrozenCPU.com

Heat rises, so with the ps on the bottom all the heat is traveling up, over and across all your components.

Would you say to mount the PSU normal on top or flip it over to have the intake fan facing up?

Well that is a project for this weekend... Top mount the PSU... water cooling won't come for awhile... Would it be better to have higher CFM fans on the bottom of the case for intake? Like 2 Kaze 3000's? or maybe 2 LED fans with high airflow for the bottom intakes... that would look cool!!! What about the sound dampening slaymate? Worth it or not really noticeable? What would be great LED high airflow fans? (Blue :))

Edit:
What about using these for intake fans on the bottom? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185065&cm_re=s_flex-_-35-185-065-_-Product
Edit 2: Found these... http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...-_UV_Blue_D12SH-124UB.html?tl=g36&id=wHQ4Ph5w

For regular case ventilation I use the Yate Loon's.

I've never tried any sound dampening products so I don't feel qualified to give out any advise on that subject :D

Dang It!!! I ordered the High Speed Yate Loons from FrozenCPU and they called up today and said they are all out of them... they asked if I wanted the low/medium ones and I politely responded that I would wait for the others to come in. My paypal has already been charged so I might as well wait meh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom