lines accross my toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin2048

Baseband Member
hey everyone. i got my stepdads old toshiba satellite laptop and he has had it for a few years. before he gave it to me a random pink vertical line appeared on the screen. he tried everything to get it to go away and it is still there. i have tried a lot to get it to go away but nothing worked. just today a blue vertical line appeared a few pixels to the left of the pink line. the pink line is like 2 pixels wide and the blue line is 1 pixel wide. how can i make these lines go away? they are very annoying

Your screen is going out. test this by hooking an external monitor to the laptop - if the monitor shows up fine then you know the graphics card on the laptop is fine and that the screen on the laptop is going out (which is my assumption). Only way to fix that would be to replace the screen.

Depends, are you doing it yourself or paying someone? If you pay someone for a standard 15.4'' laptop monitor replacement you are probably looking at 150 plus the part. So maybe 300 dollars or so. I don't know how available that monitor is.

Haha ya i mean it depends on the model, usually there are hindge screws under the keyboard that will after unscrewing will allow you to remove the screen. If you are lucky the connector for the monitor will be accessible after removing the keyboard. If not you may have to take the entire laptop apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom