Running hotter than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbloomer

Solid State Member
My Pc is running hotter than usual. The cpu usually ran at 45 idle and didn't ever hit highier than 55 and now its idling at 49-50 and hits 60-67 doing the stuff it never hit over 55 doing
Pc Stats
Xcilo Case with 2 25 cm fans and a 120mm back fan
Biostar TA790GX motherboard
Amd Phenom 9950 Black edition, (Stock fan and heatsink, want to change any suggestions?)
4gb (2x 2gb) Corsair Xms series ram
Xfx Geforce 9800gtx+
400Gb western digital sata2 hdd (xp pro) and 320gb Seagate sata2 hdd (windows 7 Ultimate 32bit)

Thanks, will do =P, anyone else not really care for the noise pcs make? i seen a link for a site that has alot of sound damping items what do u guys think about sound damping stuff?

Sound damping materials can in effect cause a PC to heat up, as the case it self, when made of aluminum helps radiate the internal warm air if it isn't being exhausted efficiently.

I do know, on a lot of these newer heatsinks with the really thin fins that are close, it is a lot easier for dust to accumulate, have you done a good cleaning recently of the heatsink and fan?

now its running 34-35c idling after a cleaning it and having my rooms window open. i just had to get to the store to get air duster and for the sound damping i meant like fan silencers and hdd silcencers

Those tend to work well if you have some fans that vibrate a lot, the gel like stuff absorbs it instead of the case absorbing it all, but stay away from the mats that literaly go onto entire panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom