Video Card Testing software -- Yes this problem is still haunting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
What software can I use to test my video card?
I suspect that there might a currupt memory module or some thing like that with my Gigabyte ATi 4890 1Gb video card.

My computer seems to crash alot with games. Orginally I thought it was one of my ram modules. However after checking them out over the week end with Memtest, I am not convinced that there some thing wrong with the video cardd.

Re: Video Card Testing software

Furmark is good, I usually use the xtreme burn mode with high AA and let it run for a while. It stresses the card harder than I've seen anything else so far. I only get an average of 4-7 fps with those settings but I just figured use the highest settings possible to really work the card.

I am going to give this a shoot right now

Okay. That was educational.

Ran fine with the benchmark wth a sore of 3658. However when I did the stability test. It shut down my computer. I had to unplug my power supply from MoBo and Video card before i could get it back on again.

What's this Xtreme Burning Mode on FurMark? Because I think that is what's cause my computer to completely shut down.
Then again, I was also playing Champions Online for a few hours and going straight over to Fur Mark.

How long should I be runnning this stability test for?

[EDIT]Just ran the test for about 15 minutes.
Setting where MSAA x8 at 1920x1200 fullscreen. No problems. So sign of artifacts[/EDIT]

I'm not sure what the xtreme mode actually does. I know the fur shape doesn't revolve at all in that mode versus the normal mode. I have never really used the benchmark at all, just the stability test.

I've ran it up to 45 minutes, I think was my highest.

I still seem to have problems. Even though furmark is not showing errors, if I trying playing games or playing games on high resolution, the game will crash or I will get a BSOD.

I am also questioning the power supply that i have in my computer system and whether it giving enough power to the video card. Resently i had to change my power supply around as orginal one was making too much noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom