Monitor is zoomed in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool462

Baseband Member
hi guys, bit of a wierd problem, my comp was running fine yesterday.
my brother took my monitor to use for the day and unplugged it while my comp was on.
when returning last night, he plugs it all back in and i leave it.

i go to my computer today and my screen won't come on. the standby light (orange) is on but it won't actually turn on when i move the mouse or press buttons.

i reset the comp and the monitor continues to stay in standby, all the way up to the login screen, then the light goes blue and my monitor is on.

but the resolution is very low and the login box is in the bottom right hand corner. i log in and i see my desktop icons unusually large and i cant see ther taskbar. i move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and it scrolls down to the taskbar. its like im moving the screen around when i go to an edge.

anyway, i check the reso, refresh rate, re installed drivers and its still the same. i'm currently on 1024x768 just so i dont have to move the screen around.

everytime i change the resolution, everything still stays the same size, but i have to move the screen around, its kind of hard to explain. please someone help me.

its an ASUS VW220T 22in LCD, should be at 1680x1050. Graphic is a GeForce 9600GT.

Thanks for reading people.

hi guys, bit of a wierd problem, my comp was running fine yesterday.
my brother took my monitor to use for the day and unplugged it while my comp was on.
when returning last night, he plugs it all back in and i leave it.

i go to my computer today and my screen won't come on. the standby light (orange) is on but it won't actually turn on when i move the mouse or press buttons.

i reset the comp and the monitor continues to stay in standby, all the way up to the login screen, then the light goes blue and my monitor is on.

but the resolution is very low and the login box is in the bottom right hand corner. i log in and i see my desktop icons unusually large and i cant see ther taskbar. i move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and it scrolls down to the taskbar. its like im moving the screen around when i go to an edge.

anyway, i check the reso, refresh rate, re installed drivers and its still the same. i'm currently on 1024x768 just so i dont have to move the screen around.

everytime i change the resolution, everything still stays the same size, but i have to move the screen around, its kind of hard to explain. please someone help me.

its an ASUS VW220T 22in LCD, should be at 1680x1050. Graphic is a GeForce 9600GT.

Thanks for reading people.

This may sound obvious, but is there a reset in the monitor menu? I'm not at all familier with Asus displays.

Good luck,
DA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom