do you think i should get a blu-ray drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
do you think i should get a blu-ray drive as they have really dropped in price, blu-ray writers are still expensive also the discs, will games ever be made for blu-ray also are monitors and graphics cards HD ready for blu-rays

I would personally not get a blu-ray drive unless you plan on watching movies at your computer. I use my ps3 as a BD and I would much rather watch a movie on my 52" rather than my 22" monitor. The monitors are completely up to date with it, and graphic cards are well past BluRay quality graphics. However, you do have to get a fairly high-end card... although nothing over 150 bucks. Whether or not you get a BD is up to you, but looking at your sig you should be able to play blurays without a problem at all.

I just do not see the need for a blu ray player at this time. On a computer screen it just will not make that much of a difference to justify the cost.

Yes eventually games will be on bluray. When that happens and I need one I will get one and they will be even cheaper.

It depends on your equipment. I have a 28" HD 1080P Monitor and Blu-ray looks pretty good on it. I can see a visible difference between a DVD and Blu-ray movie. And most, if not all "Modern Day" video cards are HD capable while you'll need to make sure your Monitor is HD capable.

Not trying to hijack, but hopefully aid in your question....I too am considering a blu-ray drive (can't afford PS3); however, I will be using my comp as a multi-media device hooking up to a 42" 1080p HDTV. For those that do have a blu-ray drive reader/burner, what brand/model do you recommend? Is there something specific to look for when making comparisons?

Thank you ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom