Need Help with HP laoptop wouldnt turn on..urgent!!thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4speed

Beta member
few day ago, i open out my hp dv2000 becuz, the laptop wouldnt boot up. when i try to turn on the laptop, the screen goes black, and nothing appear. but the power light was on. so i end up open up the laptop. and found out that the the fan, was not running and cpu was fried. assuming that was the probelm.so i went on ordering a new heatsink and fan, and used cpu from ebay.. i got my package yesterday, so i put everything part together, and replace the heatsink and cpu, with the new one. but the problem is still there i turn on the power but nothing is showing on the screen, the fans is running. i dont know wats wrong with this can someone help me!!!!(sorry for the crappy detail..) plz thx alote

Sounds like when the CPU was fried, it took out the motherboard too. That has been known to happen.

Hi,

Are you sure that the processor you bought is exactly the same as your old one?
You might also want to try resetting the BIOS CMOS if possible.
Also, have you tried removing the battery and only powering it from the mains?

Otherwise, as Keyboard Cowboy said, your motherboard is probably faulty.

the cpu are the same,same identical.where is the BIO switch, cuz i cant boot into computer. i alway power from the main becuz my battery was broken...so any other idea thx

if the mobo are fried, y is it still running?

Often, faulty motherboards can still power on. Other times, they won't. It depends what components have been damaged.

Resetting the BIOS manually usually involves the removal of the CMOS battery (usually a coin cell battery). It's location can vary from laptop to laptop. For your particular laptop model, the battery is located in the hard drive bay accessible by removing the hard drive bay cover on the underside of your laptop (see: HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide). Remove it for a minute or so, then reconnect it and see if your system powers on properly.

Have you checked to see whether an external display works? If not, then connect a monitor to your laptop, and when you turn on your laptop, press the specific function key to switch displays and see if anything appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom