right arrow key fell off toshiba laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
We have a toshiba laptop and the right arrow key has popped off, I thought it would just snap back on but I am having a hard time trying to reattach it. Is there any special way these keys attach and detach?

Depends, did it pop off in one piece, or two. There should be the key, then a plastic piece that looks kinda like an ' O ' and if that piece isn't there then you're screwed and you'll basically have to buy a new keyboard cause I don't think you can buy just pieces or keys.

2 pieces came off , an o piece and the key itself. Is there a way to get a replacement keyboard? If so how much does it usually cost?

it will probably be around 50 all said and done with shipping and all of that jazz. If both pieces came off it's easy enough to put it back in. Put on the O shaped piece on the physical keyboard and then line up the key and just press down, and it should pop on fine.

I tried popping it back in but the o part does not want to snap onto either the computer itself of the key no matter what way I try it.

If I have to replace the keyboard are they easy to install or is it better to just get it professionally fixed?

The problem I have is one you get it back on, it's only going to fall off again in a few months (weeks) time.
And if the rey retainer is broken, then you really have no choice unless you have another laptop that you wish to take apart.

It's a populare question I get at work where people just want ot buy 1 keey from a keyboard for the laptop.

i don't understand why they don't make laptop keyboard the same way they make desktop keyboards where they pop on and off real easy and there are no additional little key retainers that need to be pieced back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom