WD Caviar Green VS sold WD3200KS 7200rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
I'm planning to get a new PC. I need a new 2TB HDD, probably go for WD Caviar Green (2TB 5400rpm 32mb SATA 2).

I have WD3200KS-00PFB0 (320GB 7200rpm 16mb SATA 2) on my old built which i will move to a new one as well.

The question is, will the old 320gb (7200rpm) drive outperform the green 2tb (5400rpm) by the speed terms?
I mean is it better to use the old one for Windows and apps instalations???

Yes, your 7200 drive will be faster than the 5400. Definitely use the smaller and faster drive for OS, apps, games, etc, and the 2tb drive for data.

I was just wondering also if it is some magical improvements in the new Green series that makes this drive better?

The Green consumes less power. For WD it goes:

Black (performance)
Blue (middle)
Green (energy conservative)

IMO, Western Digital is one of the better companies making hard drives.

mmm i was thinking maby to replace WD 2T drive with two Seagate LP 1.5TB.
What r u opinion on that?
And will two seagates go well on Raid (to unite them as one) with each other?

Speaking from personal experience and other member's statements, I would opt for Western Digital over Seagate any day.

^ I found this in the search and I feel compelled to dismiss the Seagate. I bought two Seagate HDD's last year.. a 500g for my rig storage and a 750g for my removable storage.. The Rig drive 500g just up and stopped working on me 4 months after I bought it, BRAND NEW... :( I lost some.. but not a lot.. I am now shopping to replace my removable storage HDD before THAT Seagate stops working and I REALLLLY lose everything!! :(

Been using a WD Caviar for a while now with no complaints.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom