Buying New PC Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
I'm considering either a 30" Samsung or a Sony Bravia (yes, TV) 40" as my primary monitor.

Do current-gen LCD-TVs have an edge over PC monitors? Or is there a reason they're cheaper in the 'size : price' ratio?

monitors typically have higher resolutions than most TV's... my 24"monitor has better resolution than my 40" Samsung TV.... remember a 1080P monitor/TV will actually fit less on screen than a 1920x1200 monitor..

If you have the cash go for one of those 30" 2560 x 1600 monitors... ~1000 bux...

Otherwise: Newegg.com - Hanns·G HH-281HPB Black 28" 3ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 DC 15000:1(800:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

OR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009165

i use a flat screen HD Tv as both my TV and my monitor. that way your hitting 2 birds with one incredibly awesome hd stone.

i use a flat screen HD Tv as both my TV and my monitor. that way your hitting 2 birds with one incredibly awesome hd stone.

I was thinking of doing exactly this.

Thing is, if I buy a Sony Bravia I'll probably situate it two times times further away from me than my current monitor is.

I heard if someone did that, then that's when the HD TVs are at their best, delivering better quality than monitors.

I'm currently tossing up between 30" Samsung (~$1500AUSD) and a Sony Bravia WE series (~$2000AUSD).

The plus-side is that if I do get a Bravia I can hook up my consoles at the same time and watch Bluray from my bed.

I'm not very savvy when it comes to these sorts of things (screens, at least); what size PC monitor delivers 1080p?

I was thinking of doing exactly this.

Thing is, if I buy a Sony Bravia I'll probably situate it two times times further away from me than my current monitor is.

I heard if someone did that, then that's when the HD TVs are at their best, delivering better quality than monitors.

I'm currently tossing up between 30" Samsung (~$1500AUSD) and a Sony Bravia WE series (~$2000AUSD).

The plus-side is that if I do get a Bravia I can hook up my consoles at the same time and watch Bluray from my bed.

I'm not very savvy when it comes to these sorts of things (screens, at least); what size PC monitor delivers 1080p?

1080P = 1920 x 1080

most monitors > 22" are 1920x1200... and a few of the 30" are even higher... this is typically better for computing and gaming on PC as the screen has more pixels = better looking image. I personally wouldn't want a larger than 30" monitor.. would give me a headache..

I am loyal to samsung, but I am pretty sure they make sony's screen anyway...
oh and you can do the movies/games thing on a non 1080 screen, just has those little black bars because games aren't made to run on monitors... but on blu-ray you have black bars on TV's too.. so that wont matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom