Alternates to Trashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hi i was wondering... a friend of mine gave me a really nice gaming laptop. But the video card over heated and is now burnt. I was wondering if it is possible to do anything with it? If i can repair it sweet, if i have to pull it out and use some super glue and duct tape to make a Frankenstein that is fine too. I is a really nice processor, i would hate to trash it. Just thought i would check here if there was any hope or if i shouldn't even try. :devil:

If it is a laptop (assuming it is because of the section this is in) then you'll have to replace the motherboard because 9 times out of 10 the video card is integrated into the motherboard. So you'll have to replace the motherboard - which will stink because usually those run as much as the laptop is worth. Not to mension the pain it is to replace one.

Adding on to what Lex said... if the video card is dedicated, however, then you could replace just the card (check on eBay or on the manufacturer's parts site).

If any thing....

Take out all the working parts and ebay them. Displays, Keyboard, Optical drive, Wireless Nic Card, CPU, Heatsink, can get you some money.

You could look at purchasing a Aopen Mini PC and using the CPU in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom