$1000 Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, about to purchase the video card since they seem to be a hot commodity right now. It is the "XFX HD-585A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video ... - Retail", right?

The case Muffin suggested was $150 compared to Druid's at $55. Can you help me understand what to look for in a case that would cause it to vary in price by 3x? I don't really care what it looks like since it will be in hidden away in my desk..

Many things to look for. Air flow, size, look (your preference) and design. If you want more room get the case muffin suggested. The one druid suggested is pretty much the basic case, it will have less room than the Antec 1200. It will be harder to wire manage in a smaller case.

If you plan on putting your case inside of your desk, then definately check the dimensions of the case, and measure the space you will be putting it in (make sure you leave some space by the intake/exhaust fans). Also i would make sure that the desk and computer had sufficient airflow/ventilation.

Yeah, I have the Antec 900, a slightly bulkier mid-tower case, and my wire management is atrocious. I suppose it doesn't help that my psu seems to have even more wires than a normal atx psu. It works though, so whatever. I could have done it a little better if I wasn't lazy.

For cases I go by 'the bigger the better' as I always seemed to run out of room with my smaller cases. :p

Heck now I have a HAF 932 full tower and I'm still running out :D

I also look for what ^^those guys suggested. Wire management and airflow are what I really care about.

You grab a 5850 yet? They're out of stock already lol

I vote go with a full tower case. I have had mid tower and matx, and I will never go back to those after having the HAF 932, it's just such a breeze and you can actually get both hands inside of it to work. Full size towers FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom