In need of some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_A_Z_1

Beta member
Hi, i'm in need of a fast pc for my everyday needs, im tired of having a slow pc and I am going to be using catia v5 on a regular basis. I've been searching through forums and just want some general advice on what you think of the pc I have "built" on dinopc.com

CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9400
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper TX3
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD (Intel P43 chipset, 4x DDR3, PCI-E 2.0)
Memory: 8.0GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz DHX CL9 (4x 2GB)
Hard Drives: 1.5TB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB
Sound card: Asus Xonar DS 7.1
Operating System: No Operating System - I will install my own
Accessories: 30-in-1 USB Media Card Reader
PSU: 400W
Case: EZCool H601

Is it worth me paying the extra £50 to get the 8.0GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz DHX CL9 (4x 2GB) or would the 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (4x 2GB) be enough?

I'm also going to be getting windows 7, should I go for the 64bit (x64) or (x86)
Although I know the essentials of computers, I'm not technically knowledgeable so all help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I roughly estimated my budget £500-600 give or take 10% This pc has been budgeted at £615 which is okay with me

Well x86 is 32bit. I dont think i can explain (or know) the differences too well, just that 64bit is the new standard for programs and operating systems and its better. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can explain it.

The 32bits OS can only address 3.5GB of RAM and the 64bits can adress a lot more, can't remember the exact number but it's more than a terabyte. So if you buy 8GB of RAM you should use the 64bits OS or you will waste 4.5GB since the OS can only see 3.5GB.

well im downloading windows 7 through a link from my university and it gives me the options of windows 7 pro 32 bit and windows 7 pro 64 bit and when I click the links they both give me the options for

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English)
Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)

But either way, is the computer I posted above recommended?

I don't know about uk prices but considering the prices in newegg, I suppose the price difference should proportional in uk, you could buy
- Newegg.com - ASUS P7P55D PRO LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards It costs $80 more
- Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops It costs $10 more

Regarding the video card take a look on this post:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-performance-list-212331/
and check which is the best card that fits your budget. For instance the HD4650 is cheaper than the 9500GT in newegg and it has a better performance.

Do you really need the sound card? The mobo I've mentioned has a sound card 7.1 so if you discard the asus sound card you'll have a better computer for the same price. I know these are prices from newegg but I believe the prices in uk aren't much different, in proportion.

^ i dont think he could just swap those parts out. hes looking at a site that allows him to customize a pc from their selection of parts.

have you considered buying the parts and building it youself. this way, we would be able to help you pick out the best parts for your money, and not just from the few parts that site is letting you choose from. building wouldnt be hard at all.

oh, and go with 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom