Loaded PC up without RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded PC up without RAM and there was no beeps, and also nothing was shown on monitor, does this mean that the motherboard has gone?

or the processor?

Just to past the POST test, you need at least the 4 following things
1. Motherboard
2. CPU
3. Ram
4. Video Card

If you are missing one of those 4 items, it's not going to work.

Just to past the POST test, you need at least the 4 following things
1. Motherboard
2. CPU
3. Ram
4. Video Card

If you are missing one of those 4 items, it's not going to work.

Yep, and without beep codes you're basically like a chicken with it's head cut off. If you have a different computer with a PCI-E slot, try the card in it. It's an older card, so there's a chance that it just died. Very possible. Your best solution is to test the parts with another computer, before you start to spend a lot of money on something you don't know is bad.

You should also check to make sure that all cards are seated properly. It is possible that one of the cards is not seated or you may have bumped it. Some systems are packed pretty tight inside and you could slightly bump something out of its slot. This would cause your machine not to boot.

well the graphics card melted if i remember writely on my old comp, but it still worked, but i think its damaged completly now which could explain why the monitor wasnt showing anything, i think ill buy a cheap graphics card and see what happens.

hopefully that should fix it, if not then it needs a graphics card anyway because the other one is damaged so, if it turns out to be the motherboard or CPU then its not the end of the world.

well the graphics card melted if i remember writely on my old comp, but it still worked, but i think its damaged completly now which could explain why the monitor wasnt showing anything, i think ill buy a cheap graphics card and see what happens.

hopefully that should fix it, if not then it needs a graphics card anyway because the other one is damaged so, if it turns out to be the motherboard or CPU then its not the end of the world.

That would have been of significant importance to tell us. Of course you should have replaced the graphics card first, since it had been damaged.

ok, the graphics card came this morning i unpacked it, placed it in, seated it properly, and still no signal from monitor, i tested it on another monitor and still no response from that monitor either.

Im thinking its properly the CPU, since there was a big build up of dust on there before and after we cleared the dust it worked fine, but i think it kinda damaged itself when the dust was on with all the heat which could explain why it doesnt work now.

The thing is, processors are expensive so its going to be a big blow, i need to find a intel pentium 4 processor thats cheap.

Okay, its 775, what mobo? I shoulda asked that too.

Doing some checking, you said acer f672cr.

According to internet checks, it came with a e2140 max, but a cpu with an 800mhz bus should be okay. BUT might need a bios update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom