New Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
alot of ram is not listed on the gigabyte website. If you bought the ram for the board it should at least allow the computer to startup. once you get the computer started go to the bios and make sure the ram voltage is set to auto. go to the manufactures website for the ram and look up the specs for the voltage. standard is 1.8 volts. you may have to set it manually if auto option does not work.
which gigabyte MB are you using ? model #

Why don't you just try it.

And yes, also make sure you have the power buttons connected properly. Try pressing the reset button, maybe you have the wires mixed up :/

I have tried pushing all the buttons, even quickly hooked up my controls from other computer to see if those were bad, still didn't start it. The wires are hooked up correctly I have checked numerous times, also tried my other stick of ram and that didn't work, the computer should at least beep if there is no ram installed.

try reversing the blue/white power wires. the instructions are most likely correct. but did the case manufacture wire the way as described. all i use are gigabyte MB's. i have had this happen before. try it.

My power wires are orange and white, I tried switching them with the reset wires and nothing happened and putting the positive in place of the negative.

My power wires are orange and white, I tried switching them with the reset wires and nothing happened and putting the positive in place of the negative.

other than mentioned above I'm lost. i would start removing componets. myself i would remove the video cards. then i would remove the harddrive. the computer should at least tell you no harddrive detected. remove the cd drive. double check the model # on the memory and make sure its DDR3.
without getting into the bios, gigabyte wont be able to help you. i have called them before for help. very friendly service.

i looked at the manual on the gigabyte website. the orange wires are for the speaker. try switching the red wires. these are the power wires.
if this does not work call it a night. and go through the manual again tomorrow step by step.

I tried the case of the computer I am using right now and those wires are red, but that still did not work, the wire is just orange and white, I know the input on the mobo is red for power and orange is for the speakers, but I guess they wanted to use orange instead when they made this case.

I've sent a question to gigabyte looking for help, is there a good chance that the mobo is just dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom