HTPC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
So I am getting rid of my PS3 and replacing it with an HTPC; I realized that I actually have most of the parts I need.

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M2A-VM AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
GPU: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100234HDMI Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
RAM: 3 GB of some generic memory.

Basically, what case should I get? I don't want to go overboard on it, the more modest the better; also, I don't want something big. The smaller the better, but not obscenely small that is going to make my parts overheat and be terrible to assemble.

Currently I'm looking at this one, Newegg.com - Antec New Solution NSK2480 Black/Silver 0.8mm cold-rolled steel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 380W Power Supply - Computer Cases, but it is pretty big.

Also, does anyone have any general tips for HTPCs, this is my first formal build with them. What is the most recommended operating system to use?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom