Well I finally switched over to AMD but need some part tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I just bought a new AMD Phenom X3 8400 and in about, 4 weeks I will be needing the following 3 parts.

1.Heatsink and Fan
2.DDR2 800 1gb of ram
3.Possibly a good microatx board that has ati and realtek audio already built into the mobo.

My price range for the motherboard is at least under 70 dollars.
I have a masscool heatsink fan on my Celeron dual core right now. this thing has performed flawlessly and I was wondering if masscool might have a similiar design for AM2 boards ?

Currently I have 400watt powersupply will that need to be boosted to something better so that phenom x3 can have it's fairshare of energy ?

Pretty much if I buy anything next it will be the motherboard which leads to this will there be any sales for mobo's on newegg.com this november ?

Thanks in advance.

Unless you plan on grabbing a video card later on that requires a minimum of 400w, you will be safe with your current PSU. The CPU won't draw anywhere near enough to put you in a pinch.

Thanks for your input trotter, but I have a question though ?
My budget for the other parts will be limited to atleast 100 dollars to christmas eve.
I found this Biostar motherboard that has the features I am looking for, I like the gigabyte mobo alot but I don't think my mother would let me spend that kind of money on it.
Yes, she is quite worried and uptight about money that flows through the house these days :(.
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A785GE AM2+/AM3 AMD 785G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Also I plan on getting this heatsink for my cpu when I purchase a motherboard, it is somehow similiar to my old LGA 775 masscool heatsink but should get the job done nicely.
Newegg.com - MASSCOOL 5W1081F1M3 90mm Long Life bearing CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Last I am getting ram for my old setup that is posted in my profile, while she is at work one of these days she will be getting my mobo cpu and ram wether she likes it or not when I get the money I need.
She thinks her dell is super quick but I had to prove her wrong on a number of ocassions where she had 3 IE8's windows going on MS word and the **** thing defragging in the BG.

I must have the Biostar. It looks good. ;)

That HSF will be fine, especially if you aren't overclocking. Most here forget that not everyone needs extreme performance.

Moms can be a bit stubborn. I know mine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom