Gameplay Beep Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoucus

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm a 16 year old kid that's just now seriously getting into the computer world, and I'm having a problem with something that I assume is a hardware problem.

Basically, whenever I play a game that has any sort of 3D component, my computer will begin to beep at me incessantly after about 20 minutes of straight play time. I can fix the problem temporarily by exiting the game and coming back after a few minutes. However, it will start up again after a little while more of playing the game.
As I said before, it seems to only happen on 3D based games. For example, if I decide I wanna play... let's say the old 1993 Doom game, it won't beep. If I play an upgraded version with better graphics and a much more complex 3D state, such as Skulltag or something, it will now beep at me. If I play a game such as UT, it beeps. If I play a game like some sort of basic flash game off the internet, it won't beep. But like my friend was doing the other day, if I were to wanna play something like that Myspace game Yoville or whatever, it beeps (it's a 3D app or something, I don't know).

The sound seems to be coming from my video card. I can't identify why it does it, though. My computer is three years out of date, but it has never done this before. It only recently started this beeping problem about... three or four weeks ago.

I'm not sure what information I need to divulge to make it easier to answer this question, so if I should be telling something else, please advise.

Thank you.

The GPU temp is around 40-43 C at idle. When I start playing the game, by time it's beeping, it's only at 50-52. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's an okay temperature. Could it be something else? My Pentium is at 66-70 C idle, I'm not sure what it is when I play a game.

Not sure which Pentium you have, but at least for quad's and I believe C2D's 70 C is getting pretty high. Your GPU temps seem fine though.

Run the Hardware Monitor and when the beeping starts press Alt+TAB and check the temps for both the GPU and CPU. This will give you the load temps.
66-70C on idle is pretty high on my opinion.

The CPU is at 70 when gaming, and both cores on the Pentium are 70-71. The GPU doesn't get any higher than about 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom