BIOS Setting, AGP Aperture Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Can anyone help me with what an AGP aperture is all about? Mine is currently set to 128MB, my video card is a 256MB Geforce 5700LE. Should I have this set to 256MB?

AGP Aperture is the amount of ram memory that is available to your video card if it needs it. It depends on how much ram you have.

The AGP Aperture Size is the amount of RAM that will be dedicated to the GPU only when the VRAM has reached its capacity.

Setting the AGP Aperture Size to 128 Mb is more than enough.

lazerman said:
AGP Aperture is the amount of ram memory that is available to your video card if it needs it. It depends on how much ram you have.
You beat me to it! :p

So even with a 256MB Video card keeping it at 128MB will not hurt performance at all?

I appreciate the help.

You should set the AGP Aperture Size to 128 Mb when using a video card with 128/256 Mb of VRAM.

It has been known that setting the AGP Aperture Size to 256 Mb will actually decrease performance with certain configurations.

Thanks AG3. I don't know exactly what that means, but I plan to read up so it makes more sense. I was just afraid I was somehow limiting the benefit of the extra ram of my vid card, but good to see that isn't an issue.

You're welcome! :)

What is it that you don't understand? I have no problem explaining things further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom