My computer powers on, but beeps 6x and noting appears on monitor; WHY!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShineHigh247

Beta member
Hey hey,

My Dell PC has been working fine, but I wanted to install a old DVD Burner; it's connected with a Sata Cable, so I had to install a device to the PCI Slot that accepts Sata cables. I have another Dell PC (exact same computer) that had the parts that I needed in it, so I switched them out, installed the DVD-Burner, plugged everything back in and powered on the computer. It now beeps 6 times, and nothing appears on the monitor - it keeps a steady yellow light. I heard that 6 beeps is keyboard error, but i don't see why it would've "all of the sudden" started that, and how a keyboard error would keep everything else from working.

I unplugged everything that I installed and tried to turn it on, and it gives me the same problem. Everything was fine, then after the failed installation, it's all messed up now. Besides removing and replacing the ram, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this ANNOYING problem? I highly appreciate it, later!

-Jeremy

Did you check your Dell Owners Manual to see what the BIOS Beep Code means? That should give you a clue as to what the issue is.

Try reseating your memory. Also I have had bad DIMM slots in certain Dells, so try memory in a different DIMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom