Macromedia Dreamweaver Mx 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
u need to slice up the image, and save it as different images (being the different sections of ur page) u can do that with photoshop. then in dreamweaver, creat a table, with the cells having the width n height of the pics u saved, then just set the pics as the background of the cell.

u can download the trial. but go to www.good-tutorials.com they go like 4 thousand tutorials on ps, and webpage making. but i think u can slice in dreamweaver, but i dunno how, i dont use it to slice.

making table is very easy, there's a special button in dreamweaver. U need photoshop,ulead photoimpact, acdsee or another photoeditiing program to slice the picture in pieces. then put them as background of the tables' cells like U-Toast said

It should be noted that you can also use Fireworks, which more frequently comes with Dreamweaver. Fireworks has an option to slice up the image and lay it all out in a table for you - as it saves in an html file that you can then edit in Dreamweaver...

To be able to add content in the boxes, you could use Layers for precise layout.

when u put an image in backgroud, u can write on top of it.. very simple. Just creat the table as major said. go into split mode, then u should have abutton for table, click it, add hte num or row n columns, then just add the bg to all of them, but make shur u put the right width and height in pixels

Thanks U-Toast, I personally hadn't thought of using slices as Table Cell Backgrounds before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom