what parts would fix this BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlahoud

Solid State Member
Hey im gonna be rebuilding my brother's computer with new parts to fix the windows "blue screen" error that he keeps getting, i just wasnt sure which parts i should keep and which to replace based on what could be causing the error.

i dont mind replacing all the parts that could possibly be causing the error i just want to know which parts definitely arent causing the problem.

obviously ill be keeping the case, psu, dvd. im guessing i should get a new HDD, Ram, board and cpu but is it possible that some of those would never cause a problem like this?

its randomly getting the blue screen sometimes saying: bad_pool_caller at no particular time (not during startup) and sometimes just freezes without blue screen where you cant move the mouse it's just stuck. ive tried a fresh reinstall of Vista and updated all drivers etc. but that didnt fix anything

well it could be any thing, so getready to replace every single part in the pc :p

/joke

but we need the STOP code, it looks like this, 0x0000007e. the last two characters will most likely be different. and it will be at the end of the page.

ok as soon as it comes up again ill post it, but apart from the blue screen what parts could be causeing the freezing is it likely the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom