Blue Screen of Death caused by installing NVIDIA Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

neh004

Beta member
Hello to everyone

My Operating System Crashes [Blue Screen of Death] after the Windows Intro Splash screen.

My Laptop Specs:
Model: Asus A8js
Video Card: NVIDIA 7700 GeForce Go 512mb
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo T7400
RAM: 2gb

Operating System: Windows XP/ Windows 7

I've recently installed my Operating System from Windows XP SP2 to Windows 7.

At first run everything seemed to be working well. But, after installing the NVIDIA driver downloaded straight from the NVIDIA website [179.48_notebook_vista32 *which was directed to me after choosing NVIDIA 7700 GeForce Go on the selection*] the computer crashes.

Image0009.jpg

This is the Blue Screen of Death that happens right after the Windows 7 Splash Screen [Intro]

I also tried to reinstall back to Windows XP hoping for the problem would not be there.
But, I've discovered there are abnormal blue lines on the splash screen.
Image0010.jpg

Blue Screen of death does not occur rather it displays blank screen.

Whenever I restart this is the view on the boot-up screen:
Image0014.jpg

I've deduced that:
Crashing/ Blue Screen of Death only occurs when I install the NVIDIA Driver.
But, you can still be able to navigate in windows without any problem not until you install the NVIDIA driver.

The interface in the operating system is normal and functions well. But, available resolutions is only in 1024x768 [NVIDIA Driver not yet installed][Display Adaptor: Strandard VGA Display Adaptor] *Installing the driver would crash the system upon restarting*.
There are no abnormalities such as "BLUE LINES" in the operating system/windows interface.
Everything functions well without the NVIDIA driver. But, it is much a dismay that you can only run up to only 1024x768.

What I've Tried so far:
I've tried different drivers from different websites for the NVIDIA 7700 including the NVIDIA website
I've also used windows update to install for the driver.
I've also installed the driver provided on the CD along with my laptop.
I've also installed only the driver [without the other configurations by directly updating the driver via device manager]
I've also tried to uninstall the "Standard VGA Display Driver" which was installed as default and replace it with the NVIDIA Driver.
I've also tried running SAFE MODE after the system crashes and it runs well, because the driver for video card doesn't function.
I've reset the BIOS to manufacturer's configuration.
I've checked my HDD for System Errors.
I've used the Memory Diagnostic Tool resulted without errors.

Reformat Count: More than "8" Times....and counting...

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

------
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: 99820464
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 82880EDC
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Yes, you hae a driver problem. I would contact Nvidia support and report the problem.
Until then, you may want to use the laptop at the lower resolution without the nvidia driver, or revert back to XP.

I would agree that it's probably a driver issue. But a driver isn't loaded when your at the post screen. I fear the worst has happened.

Yes, you hae a driver problem. I would contact Nvidia support and report the problem.
Until then, you may want to use the laptop at the lower resolution without the nvidia driver, or revert back to XP.

If I revery back to windows it would be the same. Refer at picture above.

Even without drivers installed those blue lines are there.

*I've uninstalled the driver and replace a new one but the problem still persist

----
Thank you very much for the help

What do you mean by the Windows Interface? And it's fine? I thought you said it was messed up in Windows and when you start it up.

If your Laptop is getting really hot it might work ok for a few minutes when it's cooled off and then mess up after a few minutes of use. In which case you may be able to clean it out or it may need a fan replaced.

What do you mean by the Windows Interface? And it's fine? I thought you said it was messed up in Windows and when you start it up.

If your Laptop is getting really hot it might work ok for a few minutes when it's cooled off and then mess up after a few minutes of use. In which case you may be able to clean it out or it may need a fan replaced.

The windows environment or the interface on the windows proper I dont know what it is called looks ok [no blue lines]. Blue lines are only visible on those which are shown on the picture. Inside windows proper there is no blue lines.

Installing the driver messes up the Windows.

I tried to remove and clean the video card hardware but no changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom