Help! Thermal Dynamics! FANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b.Dolph

Beta member
Im building a new case and i need some help on fan placements, Here's my idea...

Mid size case
plexi top, side, and front

Front: 2 x 120mm Blue LED fans, 69.85 CFM (Intake)
Top:1x 120mm Blue LED fan, 69.85 CFM (Exhaust)
Back:1x 92mm Blue LED fan, 48.11CFM (Exhaust)

Now i heard that having a fan on the side of the case is bad, putting a "T" in the air flow will slow it down alot, BUT having the air just passing through the case and hardley even touching the MOBO wont do much. Having a fan on the side will take the 2x 120mm fans air flow and push it onto the board wich is what really needs the cooling, ANY SUGGESTIONS would help and where abouts on the side would be most efficient?!?!? thanks!:)

if the side fan is closest to the CPU, i would use it for intake.

u dont realy need to worry about air blowing on the Mobo, all u need is circulation around the bourd, and primary intake on the CPU. and or GFX card.

Thanks jolancer, but would it really matter if there was too much intake? i mean...2 x 120mm on Teh_font and 120mm or 92 or what ever it may be on the side, and 2 Exhaust...... a 3:2 ratio for intake...that shouldn't make a differnce should it?

well, its not like those fans are powerfull enough to creat pressure build up inside the case, the case itself isnt air tight anyway, and its not as if your puting together a jet engine.

id imagin, a 3:2 ratio would prolly even itself out. example....

[Front: 2 x 120mm Blue LED fans, 69.85 CFM (Intake)
Side: 1 x 120mm ........................................(Intake)
Back:1x 92mm Blue LED fan, 48.11CFM (Exhaust)]

may perform the same as...

[Front: 1 x 120mm Blue LED fans, 69.85 CFM (Intake)
Side: 1 x 120mm ........................................(Intake)
Back:1x 92mm Blue LED fan, 48.11CFM (Exhaust)]

...excluding the variable of fan placement though.
============================================
if i were to take a guess though, i would think a higher intake ratio may increase efficiency because there is a greater amound of cooler air entering the case, and there may be more turbulance for curculation threw the case.

jolancer said:
if the side fan is closest to the CPU, i would use it for intake.

Ditto. Put the air where it's needed.

The other thing that you might want to look at is air filters to reduce dust in your PC. You can purchase them, or if you are not going to see the fan, you can jury rig some thing with some phone or kitchen cleaning cloths.

Over all, I do like to promote Cold air in on the bottom, hot air out towards the top.

Indeed...if i were to get fan filters fan filters then i would buy them, considering its going to be half plexi case... So i will just put another 120mm on the side blowing at the CPU, i will post a picture when its done...heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom