USB won't read anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

=OS=SPIRO=

Solid State Member
My computer stopped reading all USB related devices except the fact that power can go to them for charging stuff. My Logitech headset lights up but doesn't work, same thing with my cell phone, it charges, but doesn't recognize my phone at all. What do I do?? It's like power wise it works, but that it is. your help is always appreciated. Lemme also say that the printer from the back of my PC (motherboard) works, so i am assuming that it is the USB hub in the front that is giving me problems.

Do you have proper chipset drivers? Is it a powered hub?

Actually, I think it has to do with my computer not installing the updates it needs to. I noticed that everytime I try to let it shut down and install the updates. It tries to, and then restarts as if it never updated, and keeps having the symbol on the shut down button that says it needs to shut down and install updates. Man I an so frustrated. :cute:

Hey does anyone have any suggestions or link that could help me tweak 64 vista till i get 7??

It is a powered Hub, it seems to be working power wise, but it doesn't seems to be detecting devices that I plug into them, other than powering them. Headsets, cell phones, etc. I doesn't detect them. Drivers are up to date.

Have you checked your mother boards or PC's manufacturer's site for chipset drivers? Those drivers also encompass the USB ports as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom