Medion MD 96015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgraver

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I have a MD96015 laptop. I turned it off and now it won't come back on. The power light lights up and the cd drive clicks but no other lights are on. What do I need to do? I took the battery out and waited for about 1 minute but still no luck. Please help. Thanks so much.:(

if you have a removable cmos battery, remove that for awhile, not to be confussed w/ the system battery.
...nothing at all on the display?
...no blinking lights?
you might want to unplug from the AC and remove the system battery. Then remove alll the RAM. Assuming you do not have any built in ram on the mainboard, when you plug in your notebook and switch back on should complain about not finding ram in the form of beeps or an LED(s) blinking...for most notebooks. Don't forget to remove all power when putting the ram back. You ight want to fully dissassemble the notebook, then rre-assemble ( i fixed some notebooks that way). Dell D600's had little flat pieces of spring steel that would make contact with the notebooks ground as the mainboard was installed , after time some that were not solder on good would come lose and tilt, grounding nearby circuitry ...giving the same results you are seeing...although I have to say sight unseen it sounds like the motherboard has gone bad.

Hi LA1,

I removed the RAM and still no beeps or display. How hard is it to disassemble it? I can't find a printout on how to do that. What do u sugguest? Thanks

LA1,

I just noiced a flashing power icon on the top of the touch pad. Do you think it is the power cord?

Hey LA1,

Do you think if I replace the battery and power supply that would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom