Streaking on CRT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
I've been told by many people that CRT's dont streak....well they streak (especially on doom 3). They streak as much as LCD's exept theres no blur. Is this normal?

CRT's only streak if u cant maintain a decent FPS in games.

example - u might run Doom3 smoothly, but encounter a intence battle scene were u would notice streaking... your fps is prolly cut inhalf at times depending on how high u run your settings and what your system can handle.

EDIT: i just noticed your familiar with Q3, so u prolly know what i mean... like when everyone is using the plasma gun in q3, u notice(well i did, since my pc sux) a big hit to the FPS.

I don't get a single drop in frame rate whats so ever in most parts in doom and it still seems to streak.....even farcry does in scenes where there is no framerate drop sometimes.

what is the average frame rate the game is running at? and what frequency is your monitor on?

thats your average FPS right? cause if that your max, the average is prolly something like 45, witch could show streaking.

if not though and u average 60fps or higher, then maybe your mistaking a different problem for streaking? witch way is the screen tearing for u(what direction is the line), horizontal or vertical?

6o fps is my average fps and I get streak in both directions but I notice a streak that travels up the screen alot more in doom 3. Could just be the framerates I suppose....sometimes in a REALLY heavy fight Ill get pulled down to 45-40fps.

u cant get streaking with a line that travels up the screen, a monitors pixels are refreshed from top to bottom, causing screan tearing with a line that apreas horizontaly.

a fame freezing can prolly cause a vertical line. have u overclocked anything?

just to test, run Doom on the 1 lower resolution setting, disable Antialiasing and Vsync, and run it in 16bit res, instead of 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom