found a cyberpower comp.. kina better? equal to my newegg parts setup :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your build list, I'd change the 295 to a ATI 5870. Then that 950w is overkill unless your gonna xcrossfire or run a bunch of HDDs. Go with the corsair 750wtx.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

There goes $300 off your list and it will out-preform that cyberpower one. Since its running an i7 860, with the 1156 socket. Dual channel memory, versus the triple channel, 1336 socket i7 920 which nubleet recommended.

kk id like to keep the 950 just incase in the future i decide to upgrade and what not (good bad idea?) and im most likely changing to the card u posted)

but besides that how much better is the setup?? 1-10 for the cyber and my comp? 8 cyber vrs's my 9? or what

750w is still enough, having over-wattage will decrease efficiency and make you spend more money on electricity for no reason :p

Hard to tell with the 1-10 scale since there's so many variables. But I'd never take a pre-built again personally. Much more fun and rewarding to build yourself.

you are getting a better case and ram... better knowledge of the computer itself... and I personally would do a Corsair 850hx should be enough even for future upgrades.. and modular is nice... I have the platinum and it is awesome ram... the 920 and triple channel ram would be a better option.. to me atleast.. I spent about that much on my system and that includes watercooling... I think you should be able to be better off for the money putting one together yourself...

now that I look at it.. that is practically my system... minus the graphics card... and I love my system.. 4.5ghz is fun, trust me... and go with the 5870 or wait for the new nvidias to come out.. I love ATI bang for buck, but the cards are way too loud...

The Cyberpower PC you linked to is not better or kinda better than the system Nubbleet setup for you.

The Cyberpower PC you linked to is not better or kinda better than the system Nubbleet setup for you.

+1 to this.

It might look like it's better....but it's not.

You're going to get a cheap motherboard, crap RAM, and a PSU that will most likely blow up if it reaches half load :\

I would just go with your build..it looks pretty good

750w is still enough, having over-wattage will decrease efficiency and make you spend more money on electricity for no reason :p

Hard to tell with the 1-10 scale since there's so many variables. But I'd never take a pre-built again personally. Much more fun and rewarding to build yourself.

The power supply will only use what is needed for the entire system to power so efficiency will remain the same assuming both psus are the same efficiency,, but the 950 watter is definitely overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom