Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickmanos

Beta member
My brother recently decided to test his new ram in my pc as it wasnt working in his, unfortunately it didnt work and now ive put the original ram back in it keeps randomly blue screening especially when trying to play the new mw2. also strangely if i do manage to play mw2 without it crashing it freezes and i lose all sound on the whole pc and have to restart to get it back.
ive tried running memtest but with both 1gb sticks in the test just restarts and when i try them separately the test goes fine but i still have the same problems upon start-up (blue screen, loss of sound) ive also updated all my bios from the manufacturers website with no luck.
does anyone havve any ideas what else i should try doing.
Thanks in advance.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you installed the ram correctly. Just take it out and when you put it back in, make sure it clicks when you push it in.

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your BIOS?

...ive tried running memtest but with both 1gb sticks in the test just restarts and when i try them separately the test goes fine but i still have the same problems upon start-up (blue screen, loss of sound)...

Perhaps one of your DIMM slots has been damaged by one of the faulty memory modules from your brother's machine. When you tested your memory modules separately, which DIMM slot on the motherboard did you test them in? Just one DIMM slot, or did you also test them in other DIMM slots?

If you only tested your memory modules in one DIMM slot, try testing them in your other DIMM slots. It's possible that one of your DIMM slots is damaged.

updated all my bios from the manufacturers website with no luck.
this can be a dangerous proposition. Too much "jackn'" around and your going to need a new mb. Tread lightly. And do what Alvin said
Have you tried resetting your BIOS?
It's possible that one of your DIMM slots is damaged.
With a taste of 1 ram stick to get it going> then shut-off and install your other sticks before powering up.
My uneducated 2 cents is - when you put the different ram in you didn't check your bios to see the mHz or ddr, ddr2, ddr3 compatibilities. I've had to eat ram bc of this. Someone more educated than I plz reiterate, but the best way to update bios is via floppy> save old> download new onto different floppy> then install. Even a usb external floppy will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom