(Solved)new cutsom computer have problems plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

weside23

Solid State Member
i just got a used custom computer. it has an intel pen 4 and 2.4 ghz and 1gb ram. i have a few questions. please. first all when i start my computer it says floppy disc drive A error or not found (40) something like that and i have to hit f1 to bypass and boot up. or DEL to enter setup/bios. how can i fix that? 2nd i have two hdd's and in the my computer and in windows desktop it only shows one hdd, the C: drive. i check and it's all hooked up correctlly. if you could help me out i would really appreate it

thanks
Wes

Re: new cutsom computer have problems plz help

Go into the BIOS and Disable the Floppy Drive. Without knowing what BIOS or anything we cant give exact directions where it would be located.

As for the Hard Drive, check Disk Management. Start>Right click on Computer (Or My Computer in XP) and select Manage. Then select Disk mangement. See if there is a drive letter assigned to the drive and what else it says about the 2nd hard drive.

ok i'm in disk mangament and i see disk 0 and that my hdd i'm n now and disk 1 it say unallocated? now what? i check the bios can't really find it i lokked all over i found it in boot only and disabled it there, anything else you can think of? do you need my bio type
?

The 2nd hard drive doesnt have a format supported by Windows. Unallocated mean RAW format which cant be used by Windows. You will have to right click on it and create a partition and format it to get it working.

Does that Error come up with Windows about the Floppy? If so try uninstalling it in the Device Manager.

sweet got the hdd figure out thx a mil

no it does come up wth windows so i still tryunistall from device manger?

Does the computer have a floppy drive physically in the case? From what you have said I assume not. As said you will have to disable the floppy controller (FDD controller) in the BIOS. It may be under "integrated peripherals". And yes if you can tell us what kind of BIOS you have we will be able to give you a more accurate description of what to do.

(SOLVED) how do i put solved on this?
got it alll figured out thx for all the help. this is the best computer/tech forum ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom