overclocked ram improves fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlahoud

Solid State Member
ive never used overclocked ram before and i dunno if its worth spending the extra money or not. i dont do any real multitasking i just wanna know if it would make games run better or what would it would really improve if anything?

it depends. if there is a bottleneck with your ram then, yes, it will help. but if you do not have a bottle neck then you will see little difference with overclocking.

I don't see any real life performance gains over 600Mhz DDR2 and 900-1000Mhz DDR2. Only thing I see any improvement in is benchmarks. If you do see an improvement, it'll be very minimal most likely.

just to clarify, a bottleneck would mean if im using up all my ram? cause im making a system that will have 4gb of ddr3 which shouldnt get used up withour multitasking from what ive heard

Bottleneck is a general term used to mean that is what would be slowing the system down. ie, if your Hard drive is slowing your system down a lot due to it being real slow and fragmented, then you can have the world best CPU and ram, and it wouldnt help the hard drive any at all to be any faster.
I agree with Nubbleet, it will be very hard to bottleneck 4gb of ddr3.

That being said however, I enjoy overclocking everything I can frankly. I'm not bleeding edge like many, but its just fun. granted you can lose parts...but its still fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom