Hardcore newb! Building first Gaming comp need help with parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the SSD you put your OS and games and other high priority programs, and put data i.e. music etc. on your HDD. They're both not necessary, but just the typical thing a person does when they build a comp w/ an SSD.

And heatsink wise, do you plan to OC at all?

ahh.. sry i have no idea what OS and SSD means ha... what would u reccomend for what i should get?

and well im sure this comp will be really fast? right? hopefully!? ha but in the future i might.. probly not now tho.

o and another thing.. what computer case do u reccomend for all this?

ok thx u have been a great help, just 1 more thing. just to clarify dont get the western drive.. just get this 1?

OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) -- or do i need to get both since im getting a SSD? ( i can afford them both ) and is that the 1 u would probly reccomend?-- sry i like making sure everything is somewhat perfect ha

and i will be fine? i dont need both? so with my full set up ill be fine to build it.. which is my first time building ha

oh and yes im getting windows 7 home edition?

The Zalman heatsink is a piece of crap. If you must buy from Newegg then get the Core Contact Nubbleet 1st suggested.
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
It requires a updated retention bracket to work with the LGA1366 socket.
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Socket Retention Bracket Set - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Or you can order this heatsink from Newegg, it's the Best they carry for a i7 920 based system.
Newegg.com - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

The GTX295 is a waste of money, buy a ATI 5870.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004

ok thx u have been a great help, just 1 more thing. just to clarify dont get the western drive.. just get this 1?

OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) -- or do i need to get both since im getting a SSD? ( i can afford them both ) and is that the 1 u would probly reccomend?-- sry i like making sure everything is somewhat perfect ha

and i will be fine? i dont need both? so with my full set up ill be fine to build it.. which is my first time building ha

oh and yes im getting windows 7 home edition?

You don't need the 750GB HDD. But is 120GB enough space for all of your stuff? That's why I suggested you get it. And yes that is the SSD I would recommend. And yes Windows 7 is a good choice.

Edit: Yes, I would get the HD 5870 over the GTX295, since it's newer generation.

kk.. so should i def get them both? i have no idea. lol sry for he complete nubeness.. i dont kow if 120gb is enough ha u tell me! im computer illiterate.. thx for ur patience ><

Ok so im getting the HDD u posted and that SDD. they are ez to install? and any special things i have to do once i boot the comp up for the first time? with anything? graphics cards, cpu, hard drive, anything? or is it just good to go ha. thx again man! i got to hide this price from my gf lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom