PC freezes at random times.. hardware problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

311Homebrew

Solid State Member
ok so iv got this problem with this pc i built.. im runnin a soyo dragon pro v1.0, w/ a Athlon 2600 xp cpu... the other day it started freezin.. so i backed up and reformatted and reinstalled os.. during format hard drive freezes... started over.. same thing.. so im like that sucks i gotta get a new hd.. buy another.. reinstall windows and same freezing problem occurs... thought it might be the video card.. cause it was kinda old.. one of them oldschool ati all-in-wonders i bought off this cat.. anyway i switched to another card and im gettin the same problem...

does anyone know whether this could be a hardware problem.. it seems like it works better when i open up the case... like it's a cooling problem...
prolly not a very good powersupply.. crappy powmax case combo...

any suggestions?

get into the bios and check temps and voltages for you psu, get a friends old computer and test your hdd and stuff on that.

wayne

has the computer worked before or has this problem just stareted after an upgrade ?

yeah it has worked before.... i didn't really upgrade... just built it and put xp on it.... the computer has worked fine for about a month and a half w/ no problems... then this just randomly started happening

1.rearrange your cd dvd drive and your pci hardward so you motherboard can get optimum airflow

2.upgrade your power supply

3.nstall another fan

I had that problem on one of my computers and doing no 1 fix the problem

so does the power supply really have a lot to do with it... i figured it might be a cooling problem.. i just ordered another case.. it's a chieftec dragon.. i can get 5 fans up in it.. hopefully it will fix the problem.. the thing that i don't understand is that it will sometimes happen like right after i turn it on which makes me think it is not a cooling problem.. what do you think? suggestions on powersupply's

do no.1 first. it free

then worry about power supply if that don't solve it

if no.1 solves the problem, buy you another fan

without a quality power source your computer is rendered useless
how much more important does it need to be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom