darrenconnelly

Beta member
Hey I'm new to the forum,

I'll start off with my pc spec:

Intel core i7 920 2.8ghz

4GB DDR3 OCZ ram

2X 7200RPM hdd's in raid 0 (stripe)

GTX 280 1GB graphics card

Basically when say for example when im copying files or installing things my pc just slows
right down to a crawl making programs take much longer to open etc.. just generally slow
this only happens when copying files or installing programs

I recently just setup the raid 0 array thinking it would help my problem but doesnt seem to have done much. iv spent quite alot of money on my system and dont know why im having such poor performance when copying / installing files

Hope someone can help,

Thnx,

Darren

You failed to mention the Os in use. Cant be of much help without that info.

Sounds like a issue with the RAID Controller. Do you have one that is supported by Windows 7 64 Bit?

I know I'm asking for the moon, but it seems to me that 64-bit os' are slower for most apps. standard browsing etc.. wish there was a benchmark for standard use.

@septic,

I used Win7 32 Bit before i went to Win7 64 Bit and i notice no difference at all. In fact 64 bit seems faster with most things. Even file transfer since it can utilize all the RAM installed.

@darren,

Is there a chipset driver for your mother board that is available and compatible with Windows 7? That may be of some assistance.

64 bit seems faster
I swing a hammer, you do computers- you win :silly:
@ darren
It would be one less problem to remove from the equation if we knew this
Is there a chipset driver for your mother board that is available and compatible with Windows 7?

Hi,

What's the general health of your partitions?

In addition to ensuring that your chipset drivers (importantly, your storage controller driver, RAID driver) is correct and up to date, have you used check disk to check for and fix errors on your volumes?

Also, have you checked for defragmentation?

You might also want to check your system temperatures in case your system is throttling due to overheating, and it may also be wise to check and see if there are any abnormal processes putting a strain on your system resources (i.e. processor usage & RAM usage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom