push/pull and fan selection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
I will be getting the Thermalright True copper 120 cpu cooler for xmas this year and i don't know what fan(s) i should get for it. I was thinking that since the front case-fan has red LEDs and I'm painting the inside of the case red, that red LED fans for the HS would probably look pretty good. There seems to be a considerably limited selection of red led fans on the market, and i've heard that some can look pink instead of red.
I'm assuming that if i go with dual fans, the cfm could probably be a bit lower in order to get a lower noise level with same performance, and that would add more red light into the case as well.

I've also noticed that performance on LED fans seems to be significantly lower than non-LED fans. Should this decrease in performance concern me as i'm going with dual fans?

Lastly, I was also thinking about putting something over the sides of the HS so that the fans control all airflow through the HS and all warm air is exhausted directly towards my rear case exhaust fan. Would this be a viable/good idea, or would that decrease effectiveness of the HSF?

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom