Lynnfield build (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more biased against AMD :grin:

I'm don't really care what GPU I have. I wouldn't even mind using the integrated graphics. :)

One more reason to get the HD5770, same price better performance ;) But it's your call, buy the one you like best :)

Let me clarify that: I'm don't really care what GPU I have as long as it not buy AMD. :D Little brand favouritism but hey, that's what AMD gets for copying Intel from the start. ;)

Then I say go with what you listed in your first post. Maybe change the RAM to DDR3-1600 if you can. Other than that looks great :D

I actually want hyperthreading.

I'm going to use the computer for general purposes. Some occasional but high intensity games, image and video editing (pretty much Flash, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro open at the same time), general web browsing and word processing. I really want this computer to last at least 4 years.

Then your build looks real good, GL with it.

Lol not according to wikipedia. <List of Intel Core i7 microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>
And no I do not want overclock.
IMO, overclocking = unstable and damaging for components

sigh, wikipedia does not know what they are talking about. the i5 and i7's can easily run DDR3-1600 and above. running the ram at it's stock speeds IS NOT OVERCLOCKING.

and nowadays, it's extremely hard to damage a component unless you put some serious voltage through it with out the proper cooling. since when is all overclocking unstable. i have been running my Q9300 at 3.5GHZ (500x7) for the past month now, solid as a rock. not a single crash or BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom