how does this build sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnev_89

Daemon Poster
ok i think i've finally decided on a build for my comp... tell me what you think..

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939
Asus A8V-Deluxe Via K8T800Pro
Chaintech GeForce 6800 128MB
Hyperam PC-3200 Dual-Channel 1GB
Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200rpm
RAIDMAX Blue 10-Bay ATX
Lite-On 16X DVD Dual Drive
Asus DVD-E616P1 16X DVD-ROM
Logitech MX510
Logitech Media Keyboard

i'm also looking for a really nice lcd that can take advantage of the 6800. i was looking at the dell 2001fp, but was wondering of anyone knew of anything cheaper than that...

thanks

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-468&depa=1

MUCH better mobo... i think quite a few of us here will agree that asus mobos have gone down the drain in the past year... this mobo is one of the best out there for the 939 socket :)

EDIT: and if you got a lil bit more cash you could opt for a 10,000 RMP Western Digital Raptor instead of your current HD selection... but seagates are wikid hds as well... i think theyre the most quitest out there :).. but ive only had experience with wd, maxtor, and seagate so maybe there are quiter ones out there :)... but you will see a considerable difference if you go with a raptor instead :)

i'll check out the mobo, thanks. about the harddrives, i'd love to get 2 74gb raptors, but that would cost almost $300...

anyone else?

i was just checking out that msi mobo, everything looks pretty much the same except for the fact that the msi doesn't have onboard audio like the asus has (8-channel!!). that is a pretty big deal for since i'm not gonna be buying a seperate sounds card...

it's gonna be $1245.98 with shipping. then i'm gonna buy a monitor, probably the dell 2001fp, which will raise the price to $1969.18, which is even higher than i planned to spend.

my old computer i'm giving to my little brother, unless someone here is interested in buying it?

has anyone directly had any bad experiances with asus? the asus mobo i have listed has all the features i want for a good price. seems to have gotten good reviews too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom