What Video Card To Buy For This Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambab

Baseband Member
I recently dusted off my old computer and decided to use it for a server, but there was one problem i had remembered the video card i took out and melted.

So, now im on the hunt for a new graphics card, and these are the computer specifications:

Intel Pentium 4 HT processor 550 3.4GHz
Dual Layer DVD-ReWriter
16x DVD Drive
250GB Hard Disk (7200 RPM)
512 DDR RAM
Dual Channel Memory
DVB-T/ Analogue TV-Tuner Card
WLAN 802.11g
Bluetooth Radio Standard

(those specifications are the ones labelled on the case)

The Graphics Card that was in there before i took it out was:

NVidia Geforce 6610 XL PCI Express

PC Model: Advent T12
---------------------------------------------------------------

Im looking to buy it either from NovaTech or Ebuyer if possible, so could anyone find me one that would be suitable for this PC? thank you

I've never heard of the 6610XL. Anyways, you don't want to put a really powerful card in there as the CPU will bottleneck it. And also, you say that you want to use this as a server, not a gaming computer, so you'll be good with the most basic of video cards.

Go to the website where you plan on buying your video card. Search for PCI-Express video cards, and pick the cheapest one. That way, you needn't worry about your Power Supply either...

you know my memory though its DDR but ive never seen a DDR graphics card on novatech or ebuyer so, can i use DDR2 or what?

Doesn't matter what your ram is. The video card doesn't have to have the same type of memory. Some video cards have GDDR5 memory, do you see any DDR5 RAM? lol. So yea, just pick out a cheap one, but run it by us here first before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom