Lucid Hydra Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
Even in its short life, LucidLogix has gone through quite a few interesting twists and turns to get to where it is today. We first saw Lucid back in September of 2008 at the Intel Developer Forum where the startup was showing off a revolutionary, and somewhat controversial, multi-GPU rendering scheme that claimed to support different generations of GPUs in the same system. At the time, with Windows Vista at the helm, only a single vendor could be utilized at one time (NVIDIA or ATI) but the ability to pair a GeForce 9800 GTX with a GeForce 9600 GT (as an example) and see some performance scaling was appealing to a great many users, as you might expect.

PC Perspective - Lucid HYDRA 200 Multi-GPU Technology Performance Preview

this is pretty amazing, running a GTX 260 along with a 4890 and seeing this kind of scaling is unbelievable. especially since this is a very immature tech.

^ Well if they both had half of a brain they would see this as a good thing. But nvidia has not said anything about it, so we will see what happens when it's released.

thats some cool ****. i had read about this before, but to now see some actual performance numbers with an actual test setup is amazing.

i wonder how much mobos that support hydra will be costing though or how much crossfire/sli ready mobos will go down since apparently the mobo itself no longer has to be multi-gpu ready.

thats some cool ****. i had read about this before, but to now see some actual performance numbers with an actual test setup is amazing.

i wonder how much mobos that support hydra will be costing though or how much crossfire/sli ready mobos will go down since apparently the mobo itself no longer has to be multi-gpu ready.

well there is only one manuf on board with hydra, and it's MSI. they plan to release 2 diff versions of the board for the LGA 1156 socket. i'd imagine that the boards would be in the $200 price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom